January is one of the key months for job searching. Companies often place new jobs online at this time of year and candidates have made resolutions to move organisations.
Read more about the ideal job requirements revealed by marketers for the New Year.
Augusta Henning from CV Library sent me these facts and figures and the headline is that many marketing professionals are after a flexible London-based job, in a company with less than 50 people, which pays over £51,000 per year!
This was based on a study from the UK’s leading independent job board, CV-Library and responses from 1,200 UK workers, who shared what they are seeking when it comes to pay, benefits, working patterns and more.
- One in three (33.3%) marketers want a salary over £51,000, while 27.8% would be happy with an annual pay of £25,500
- The majority (66.7%) would prefer to work flexi-time, choosing their eight hours between 06:00 and 18:00 – only 22.2% want to stick with the traditional 9-5
- A further 44.4% want 30 days holiday, while 38.9% would be happy with 25 days
- What’s more, 38.9% would prefer to work for a business with less than 50 employees, compared to 11.1% who wanted to work for a start-up and 27.8% for a medium sized business
- And nearly half (55.6%) want to work somewhere that has a smart/casual dress code
When asked to share the top three workplace perks or benefits they’d like to receive,
- 70.6% said the ability to work from home,
- 64.7% said health insurance and
- 47.1% said paid sick leave.
In addition, 23.5% wanted staff discounts, 23.2% a company car and 11.8% income protection. When asked what pension contribution they’d like their employer to pay, 50% said 5% and 22.2% said 13%.
London was voted the location professionals would most like to work in, with 47.1% of marketers stating that their ideal job would be based in the capital. This was followed by Bristol (29.4%) and Brighton (23.5%).
Lee Biggins, founder and CEO of CV-Library commented:
“Everyone wants to get something different out of the workplace – whether it’s a good pay packet, or the ability to work more flexible hours. If you’re searching for a job right now, it’s always best to have a clear idea of what you want from your role, so you’re able to find a position that’s right for you. But, while choosing a company that fits the bill and facilitates your needs is extremely important; don’t rule out any opportunities jst because they don’t tick every single box. You wouldn’t want to miss out on a potentially great opportunity this January!”